[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - tv+
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post subject: tv+
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:42 pm 

It felt more like a Couch thing but happy to have it moved.

I just managed to get my free year of tv+ but the 'new device' offer wasn't showing on the iPhone. The fix listed at the following link worked:

There should be somethings worthwhile, but whether it gets me paying after a year remains to be seen.

There is a one-year up front £49.99 sub plan that is effectively two months free, as they do with Music.

I'll have a proper browse on the Samsung TV app later but for now, I'm in.

Post subject: Re: tv+
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:38 pm 

I think I may give it a try seeing as it’s only a fiver a month. If it’s no good, then it will get cancelled.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:09 pm 

I've not found much content to my taste in TV+. I did finish and enjoy For All Mankind, of which a second series has been commissioned. I also watched the first episode of The Morning Show but haven't wanted to see more just yet. I'd not pay for TV+ just for the space series so they'll need to get a decent catalogue up and running pdq.

Re. the TV app in general (or iTunes for non-Catalina users): it is Mega Movie Week again. Last year I bought five films. There are none I am interested in this year but there are some cheap deals if you want them. Shame Endgame can't be in 4K through Apple.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:46 am 

I started Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet. I'll finish it, but not in a binge.

I'm still not seeing a lot of bundled content of interest or not. I have to hunt about dodging the buy this or rent that which are to the fore. It is a poor interface on any platform.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:44 pm 

My one year free sub was set to renew on Nov 1st. However, Apple have extended this for three months for the early adopters. I read about this last week and checked today before formally cancelling. I now have until Feb 1st 2021. I hope they have something worthwhile coming up. I've watched very little so far.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:10 am 

I started a new thread in the general but happy to have it deleted and use this.

Do you find that most of the content wants to charge you a fee. I got the free years subscription but not impressed at all. If they are going to keep charging me then I will just cancel my FREE sub. May be I have done something wrong and they should be free, happy to be pried wrong lol

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:57 am 

Only their Apple TV+ channel is free. There's not really a lot in it.

There are other channels you may access (STARZPLAY, ACORN, etc.) which are not part of the free content. Nor are the Movies or TV Shows.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:43 am 

So what are we paying a subscription for. I’ll just stick with Netflix.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:58 am 

You pay for access to the Apple TV channel. I agree it is p poor value.

When my free sub ends, I'll stick to Netflix, and Disney+ which my family and I legitimately share, and Prime. Unless I sucker myself into One where it comes by default.

--edit-- Here's the "glossy" list of what is included:

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:34 pm 

Its as bad as paying the license fee for a p poor BBC as well lol. An apple fail if you ask me. Can you imagine if you still had to pay to listen to albums on apple music on top of your subscription !!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:39 pm 

I agree. Their TV is pants. They could/should have bought up one or two companies as a short cut to content.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:12 pm 

Amazon Prime does the same thing. You have to pay for some content on top of your subscription.

As for the BBC, the licence fee pays for much more than just TV.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:38 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:06 pm 

It seems the early adopter free extension to February 2021 will be further extended to July.

Source -

The cynic in me suggests they want to artificially boost published subscriber numbers as they know people will drop it rather than pay for limited content. I have no factual basis for saying that. Maybe it is response to Netflix and Disney+ hiking their prices but those services have a ship* load of content.

* Well, not a ship :lol:

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2022 6:59 pm 

I started "Slow Horses". I'm enjoying.

Severance was good, I thought, and await series 2.

Ted Lasso is OK, if not a bit sappy and with some unrealistic things. Like how do Americans come in and manage a football team without the mandatory qualifications?

Board index » Couch