[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Wash that germ right out of your life....
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:59 pm 

Have fun...

https://washyourlyrics.com

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:24 pm 

:lol:

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:52 am 

He's updated the website - You can use your own, or other peoples words.

Here's part of the speech the Prime Minister made recently...

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:57 pm 

With all this isolation and junk, I wonder how long before the TV soaps run out of episodes? They can't have many weeks of material recorded and edited.

The thing of hand-washing (thread) and soap (post) is purely co-incidental but I saw the punny side as I started typing.

I'm a soap hater but they are popular with some. TV is already going pants.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:55 am 

I'm happy to open up the thread to any CoronaVirus related input...

May as well chuck it in here...

We are drifting to to my DVD collection to save bandwidth. No point slurping up valuable, limited network capacity when I have a wall sized collection of films.

Soap fans will be better off making home movies of their own enforced family time and swapping them with their next door neighbours, if they want a daily dose of scheming, dark-secrets and occasionally heart warming tales.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:33 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:04 pm 

This is the right Thread for ALL CV stuff.

Best to isolate it all here.

I popped into Sainsbury's near my office last week, quite early, mainly due to my habit of avoiding as much traffic as possible, and I was confused as to the amount of elderly people pilling into the store.

The Manager on the door was stopping some shoppers from coming in, but welcomed me with a cheery, 'Good morning Sir!'

Wasn't 'till I got home and caught up on the madness that I realised I had arrived at OAP hour.

edit: I expect Defcom can find you the missing DVD

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 pm 

It seems that Disney, Amazon and Apple will be reducing their streaming quality, as already done by Netflix and YT. They say to help ease the pressure on the internet. Probably to ease strain on their servers/comms as much as anything.

I don't use YT. I have Apple+ (free year trial), Netflix (share from son), Amazon (comes with the delivery thing) and Disney+ next week (assuming it arrives - it is already delayed in France). Even so, there's loads they have I really don't want to watch. Except Apple, who still have hardly anything on their catalogue in the first place.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:55 am 

I'm just back from a Tesco Extra. There were not many people queueing as I had anticipated. There wasn't a lot on the "overnight restocked" shelves. I got enough to keep us fed for a week but not the things I wanted... and I thought there was plenty of everything, just maybe not the brand variety. Ha! Maybe next week.

For shots and giggles, yesterday I checked Tesco delivery and click/collect slots. Absolutely none. I'd not use it but wondered how they were being used for the older people who can't get to store.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:34 am 

Suppose I shouldn't have been surprised but Lobby Lud has .

Amazing what we find to fill the time during this self-thingy wotsit... :D

And I had to teach "wotsit" to the spellchecker :roll:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:54 am 

What I am finding odd is that since I gave up work some nine years ago, on a normal day, I don't leave the house except for food and obvious necessities. Now we are being strongly encouraged to stay in, it feels like I am being actively restricted and therefore it is uncomfortable. I find that weird. However, I'm not a d!ck and will be staying in except for Tesco trips as I can't get Tesco to come to me.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:59 am 

Same everywhere I suppose, no deliveries or click&collect.

I made a horror film:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lq70oy ... p=drivesdk

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:01 pm 

Serious suggestion to all - don't leave the TV on 24-hour news. While we all need to keep up to date on developments, watching for long periods when - inevitably - it is all bad news, can lead to an increase in anxiety levels, which does not do your body any good.

Take a break for the shows that lighten your mood, whether it be Portillo's train trips or favourite comedies. There's plenty of them on iPlayer.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:04 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » Couch