[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Wash that germ right out of your life....
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:21 am 

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:16 pm 

For the record, I had my second jab on Thursday, the AstraZenica. Only side-effect I was aware of on Friday was feeling slightly more lethargic than usual - slept until 10am.

Saturday I was back to the normal level of lethargy :D

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:23 pm 

If only you could get some inertia to go with it... I would send some if only I could just get off my aris.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:25 pm 

Second Pfizer jab due a week Saturday! Yay.
That will mean exactly 11 weeks after the first.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:54 am 

Well done 'jabbers' amazing really.. this time last year we were spiralling around wondering what 'furlough' was, and how long the queue would be to the bog roll shelf in Tesco's (or your favourite supermarket of choice.)

I'm all vaccinated - double dose of the Pfizer .. mainly due to a clever manager at my place of work. Essential as it was, due to the nature of the work place, but anyhoo... I won't be bursting out of my 'bubble' anytime soon.

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:34 pm 

I've been bursting out of my bubble since August! Every day (almost) I go out to work in the community and conduct the national Covid swab and now capillary blood survey for the ONS and of course the government. It's called (covid infection survey), University of Oxford. It's been great fun actually and it has kept me sane, always meeting and talking to people and then seeing them again on many repeat visits. Actually I love this job now.

I am safe behind mask, gloves and hand gel and being sensible and following the rules.

I am prohibited from entering their house - I stay apart from them by 2 m and I deal directly only with plastic bags and I talk to them. They do the swab and blood tests themselves. Indoors. I stay outside shivering in the cold holding an umbrella against the snow and the wind and the rain!! Yeah but Some Days The Sun Shines, and it's really nice to get out. I have managed to avoid covid so far! This job has been a blessing for me.

Problem now is the roads are getting so busy again!!

Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:43 pm 

My second dose was technically due in six days time. I had not had the promised appointment letter so I fired off an email to the co-ordinating centre. I had a quick reply that I was already booked in this afternoon and there had been a problem with letters. I had 35 minutes to get there, which is enough, so I am now done twice. Just as well I checked. I hope the side effects are no worse than the first time.

Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:04 pm 

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:22 pm 

Booked in for Jab 2 The Sequel on 13 May, booked in 11 May for discussion with doctor about bloody bastard symptoms after Jab 1. Reckon I've got plenty to talk about. The spasms et cetera stopped but the arthritic response to Jab 1, particularly in my hands, continues to be a little disabling. I need a toilet walla... any volunteers?

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:12 am 

It is now nearly three days since my second injection (O-AZ again). I'm jinxing it probably but so far just mild shoulder ache over the weekend - much less that last time. OK, a very mild runny nose as well, but that could easily be hay-fever or the accumulated dust in my house.

Good luck Lazzo.

Post Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:26 am 

My second vaccination on Saturday went without a hitch. It's the Pfizer vaccine and all that happened was the same as the first time, the muscle area of injection becomes tender. But it's doing a lot of work!

When I feel and squeeze the muscle, the unaffected area is normal but area surrounding the injection site is slightly swollen and tender only. No big deal, it is to be expected. It is calming down today, 48 hours post jab. No other symptoms at all.

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:15 pm 

Had phone call from my doc who reckons my side effects will subside. Wish they'd hurry up.
Jab 2 The Sequel tomorrow morning; the theory being that my body has adjusted... guess I'll find out over the next couple of days.

Post Posted: Thu May 13, 2021 4:22 pm 

5 hours later. Very mild disorientation, like with too much oxygen, a wee bit lightheaded. Feeling strangely fit. According to nursey I'm unique.

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:35 am 

I'm probably in the minority but I can't help feeling that all this re-opening of indoor things is a mistake. Also, nobody needs a foreign holiday. Nobody at all. Maybe they like one but don't need it.

In Wales, people may go in pubs, cinemas, etc. but not go into other homes, as in the other parts of the UK. I don't see the logic in that. Especially as so many ignore it already (well, based on the households either side and opposite as evidence).

I hope I am wrong, but we'll see. The sooner it becomes a nuisance like the common cold, the better.

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:18 am 

Pubs, cinemas etc have card machines in them so you can spend money. There aren't any where people live, that's why you aren't allowed in them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Couch