[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Wash that germ right out of your life....
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:10 pm 

It wasn't a problem for my little group, we were out from lunchtime. Three pubs, theoretically nine pints followed by a chicken shish. If anyone sees a once-white tee shirt cemented to the side of a train with multi-hued vomit somewhere between Liverpool Street and Bishop's Stortford, believe me you're welcome to it.

I shopped for food and beer before hitting the pub and realised while watching Family Guy does Star Wars tonight that when I got home I left the raw meat out of the fridge but put the beer in it. Prorities eh.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:58 am 

As usual, NHS Wales is well behind England with apps and passes. In fact we still don't have a general NHS app available and they only just implemented a COVID Pass QR generator for events. I signed up for no particular reason than I could. It produces a code valid for two days. Not really a lot of use to me, but better to have it and not need it... (you know the rest). I have no plans to go anywhere even if we were not in the midst of the dreaded lurgi.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:10 pm 

Someone brought home some lateral flow test kits some weeks ago. Today I thought I'd give it a go to see what it involves. I failed, as in no covid19. Which I expected, but who'd want to get a positive at any time?

I see the kits are made in China. They gave the virus to the world and now sell millions of test kits. Now that is good marketing on their behalf. Years of production ahead. It is time countries started making their own junk. No reason China should get all the jobs and profits and all that shipping pollution oi-oi-oi (old man rant).

Sorry, political/economic thoughts have no place in this thread and may well be unsound anyway.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:43 pm 

:tu:

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:20 am 

I had the third jab yesterday afternoon. Pfizer. I have an ache in my shoulder around where the needle went in and that point is tender if pressed. I expect there is more discomfort to come. Had to be done.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:41 am 

Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:56 pm 

Three Pfizer vaccinations, zero issues.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:03 pm 

It isn't just Austria who are telling unvaccinated people to stay at home.

I agree with Singapore too. Rather harsh, but I think fair. People have the right to refuse and the rest of us have the right to be protected from idiots - oops - them.

--edit-- Yes it is a moral complication.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:55 pm 

Got my booster this morning. Moderna… correctly jabbed into muscle so slightly achy arm.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:25 pm 

Slightly off topic, but the mention above of jabs into muscles reminded me of when I was a kid (say 6 to 8 or thereabouts). I was taken to the doc for a jab that had to go into the muscle and my arm was the target. I really was scared and kicked up a real wriggly stink. My mother said OK, he has other muscles, pulled down my trousers (probably shorts in those days) and the doc stuck it unceremoniously in my gluteus maximus. That showed me.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:14 am 

Booster administered with no after effects. On the other hand a colleague had his booster on Thursday and was sick all day Friday.

I picked up a lateral flow kit and was rather amused to see that it was made in China.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:44 pm 

Had the booster jab this afternoon. Pfizer, after 2 vauxhall primary ones.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:28 pm 

I’ve had the booster this afternoon too, mine was Pzifer following two initial AZ shots. No ill effects so far, let’s hope it stays that way. My best friend had the Moderna booster last week and she was really bad the day after.

White MacBook late 2007 - Snow Leopard iPhone 7 IPod Touch 2 Gen. iPad 6 Gen.
Nikon D5600 on

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:39 pm 

I asked Tesco if they would be re-opening their stores for 24 hours, as before Covid. The big useful ones, not the Express. No, they are staying with the current hours. The reason? People have now started shopping during the day and not over night so they are just fitting with customer patterns. I did not ask how the f people can shop at night if they are closed so are forced to shop during the day. <shrug>

Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:10 am 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Couch