[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Wash that germ right out of your life....
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:45 pm 

Why have people been trundling off to foreign parts with all the obvious, highly potential risks involved and then complaining about the consequences? Is it lots of pre-booked holidays or the usual British feeling of invulnerability to anything short of nuke on the noggin?

Or, to answer the question, the rest of the planet is currently coated in stuff I don't want to know about, so it's sweaty ham & cheese (with Colemans mustard) on curly bread for me.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:50 am 

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:07 pm 

Methinks they neigh can survive without attention from others.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:33 pm 

Of course if you're a millionaire footballer, then it's all plain sailing, and good times on your foreign holiday.

Sun, sea, Sangria or whatever....

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:34 pm 

Not too fussed about the new Pub closing hour.

Apart from dropping off a box of apples for Swine Inn to use in the kitchen, I've not been in any since Christmas.

And I have absolutely no interest in venturing to my local, despite it having a good cellar with Harvey's Best.

Anyone been to their local since the re-opening and feeling a bit glum about the early closing..?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:19 pm 

Not me. I stopped going to pubs years ago, except the rare once in a while. It is much cheaper to absorb the units at home. I don't wish ill on pubs as it is good to know they are there. I'm just not the sociable type at heart.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:30 pm 

More than adequate reason ... £4.00 + a pint, (for quality ale mind) is a bit rich for me tbh.

Four prime tins, approx a pint each, £4.50'ish. Chuck a decent £6 bottle of Red vino in the basket and that's a serious session.

Just heard from the memsahib, loo rolls are again being panicked bought.

Any eye witness reports..?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:45 pm 

Bumwipe hoarding was mentioned on the radio this morning. The manufacturers are still geared up so it shouldn't, in theory, be a problem. I don't know what the matter is with some people. Hoarding, mixing in big groups, holidays, "I forgot my mask"... all so unnecessary.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:40 pm 

Regarding the issue of bumwipe panic buying, it's not the manufacturing that's the problem it's the distribution that causes delays in restocking shelves.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:38 pm 

Pubs are vital parts of our towns and culture, whether you use them or not. Most of them have far more history than the buildings around them and when pubs close for good, those areas become nothing more than soulless collections of boxes in which people do nothing more than merely exist as strangers.

On the bog roll front, how gratifying to see that as usual the arses always manage to survive plagues, wars and extinction events.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:40 pm 

Did anyone get the NHS app that came out today for iOS and Android? I didn't as I don't leave the house except very rarely. That isn't to say I'm resisting said app, just not right away. My daughter in London did. She has to use public transport to and from work or shops. It will be interesting to see if she gets any notifications.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:50 pm 

Yes, had to install it for work and as a demo to the pickles who don't seem to know what's going on from today. Until they get the hang of it just have to do t&t manually which is really, REALLY tiresome. So far out of around 50, 3 have been obnoxious about it and thusly removed themselves from the premises upon request.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:18 pm 

It has just been announced that there will be a local lockdown in Swansea and Llanelli. Loughor is right between the two. It shouldn't make a difference to me as I don't go out, except when necessary. It won't make a difference to the people over the road or on one side, who have been ignoring everything about mixing in numbers and distancing since day one. Bitching over: it seems it is spreading in pubs. There's a surprise.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:56 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:57 pm 

On Friday, I will have been in official local lockdown for four weeks. No leaving the county/area etc. We start a National lockdown for just over two weeks on that day. Six weeks is too much. It won't fix anything. People will still ignore it. Anyway, I ordered scotch from Amazon so I should manage a fortnight. I may need more if my liver is still on the go come November.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Board index » Couch