[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Coronavirus
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:41 pm 

That's the car insurance renewed and annual mileage reduced, which brought the premium down a little. I also applied for a "lockdown refund" so I'll see how that turns out. I'm only doing about ten miles a week these days. I should get out more...

Post Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:45 am 

Spent 12 hours on the shop floor on Friday becoming increasingly angry attempting to educate customers on the realities of the new face covering rules in a retail environment.

Personally the damn things make me feel billious, however I discovered that regularly dousing my mask in the sanitiser made wearing it so much more acceptable. No prizes for guessing why. I'm pretty sure I now have a hangover and scorched nasal passages.

Gonna do it all over again tomorrow in the interest of science.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:49 pm 

When I visited Tesco last night every single adult was wearing a mask. I was surprised to be honest.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:21 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:49 pm 

Just taken 7 minutes to order a pint in a near-empty Spoons. Not allowed at the bar, have to use the app, that's IF you've got a phone that it works on. The bar staff now have to wander around the customers doing table service... well, that'll make all the difference to infection rates then.

The boozers are in the "let's try anything" stage and all operating different policies. Oh well, think I'll return to home drinking for now, it's not like there's anyone I want spend time with anyway.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:19 pm 

When you look at Facebook, the number of people that have built bars in the back gardens is amazing.
The result is everyone can meet in their own gardens, smoke if they wish, no times of stopping serving, plus perhaps most important, it’s a damn site cheaper!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:31 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:21 am 

I just booked an overdue eye test. It will be interesting as the testers tend to get their face up close as part of the process. I have no idea what conditions they'll require. Wales has no requirement for masks in shops at this time. Maybe that will change.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:26 am 

I imagine that you will have to wear a mask at the very least.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:28 am 

I wouldn't be surprised. Whatever it takes. I expect they'll have one of those visor dealies on. I anticipate them calling to give me advice.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:03 pm 

Had an eye test 6 weeks ago and had to wear a mask so did all their staff, all equipment was cleaned before and after use.

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:34 pm 

I had the expected call from the speccy shop - they do request a face mask. Even though they are not currently compulsory here, I understand and will comply. Missing my rugged good looks will be their loss (er, em, yes).

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:23 am 

I had the eye test. Masks were very strongly encouraged but not actuallymandatory (Welsh rules). Everyone complied. I had to slip mine off (at their request) during the tests as breathing kept misting up their equipment :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:40 am 

I hear there is a local lockdown in one part of Wales. People were not behaving Caerphilly enough.

... I'll get my coat.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:19 am 

I have resigned from Ipsos Mori. Thank goodness. The quality of work and the hassle factor and the level of pay is no match for my other company.

I have new work for Kantar, my original face-to-face interviewer company - added onto my other jobs that I also do for them, I now am a key health worker! I am visiting preselected houses and interviewing them on the doorstep regarding coronavirus. Also consent forms have to be signed on the first visit, a swab sample is taken by the participants themselves (not by me! I stay out of the house!)

Preselected houses who agreed to take part do five interviews and swabs, over a period of five weeks followed by the rest of a complete year at one monthly intervals. Total 16 visits per household and per person in the household who agrees to doing it. They get paid over £400 each in voucher value over that 16 visit time.

The job is going well - they pay well. Flat rate per day. Milage paid 32p a mile. I've offered my work seven days a week at the moment. It's going well. It's an easy job - I have gloves, masks, hand gel, wipes, plastic bags, viral swabs and vials to handle securely. Drop off at courier every day between 4 and 5 pm just south of Carlisle by the Premier Inn.

The pay is good, the job is easy. Problems initially with the software!! Confusing us F*K!

Horrible software on a Samsung tablet but now getting the hang of it. It's okay when you know where to look for things and how not to miss things which are easy to miss!

I started this on the 7th of August. It is forecast to last for a year at minimum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Couch