[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Coronavirus
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:20 pm 

:lol: I bought on your "recommendation" above. Clearly I misunderstood your post where you said it will freeze :D

I'll probably be opening the pack on Saturday. I did do plenty of searching but found bogger all. I had planned to freeze some (I was told you could) and keep the rest in an airtight container. I've been trying to discover how much is needed and that kind of thing. There is zero information on the pack and of that, very little in English, even though it is made in Folkestone.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:31 pm 

I think it’s used the same as other dried yeast, but I've asked around. I’ll let you know.

IMac 21.5 May 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHx DDR3 Sierra 10.12.6, Snow Lepard 10.6.8.
iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:44 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:59 pm 

All good info. Missus has bought some, arrived yesterday. Just told her to seal it in a bag and put it in the freezer. I hold you 2 to account if anything goes wrong with it :lol:

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:35 am 

:D

IMac 21.5 May 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHx DDR3 Sierra 10.12.6, Snow Lepard 10.6.8.
iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:39 am 

Though I'd use some first. 7g for 500g flour. Then reseal.

I’ll order but that may take a little while.

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:49 am 

7g? I use 3.5g of my normal Tesco dried yeast (half a sachet) for a 500g Panasonic loaf.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:55 pm 

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:53 pm 

I find that different brands of yeast require different amounts to get the correct raising. As I said, I try and use Tesco but when Allinson substitutes, it needs a bit more. This Fermipan is, as yet, an unknown quantity.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:56 am 

I opened the Fermipan. It was as I thought, dried yeast granules but in a tight block from the vacuum pack. When it was cut open, they loosened up to what you'd expect from dried yeast. I'll see what the bread is like tomorrow morning, but I used 1tsp (5ml). I have put the sealed pack in the fridge and I also put some in the freezer. I don't know how I am meant to store it so I'll find out. 500g is a heck of a lot for domestic needs so I don't mind losing some to spoilage.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:20 am 

Fermipan is used the same as any dried yeast, for you that means what the bread machine recipe says, for me 7gm.

I've not ordered mine yet as I've still got some in a tin pot with sealed lid, kept in the fridge.

When it's empty I'll keep some of the Fermipan in it, and keep in the freezer, the packet I'll roll up to get as much air out as possible, secure with a thick elastic band, and double bag in small zip freezer bags and keep in the freezer.

Yes, it is a lot, and will lose its oomph gradually, by then more will be available in supermarkets.

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:57 am 

I started a click+collect on Tesco for early next week, while slots were free. They claim to have Allinson tins so I ordered a couple. I'm expecting them to have gone by the time they pick my order but worth trying.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:08 am 

My first Fermipan loaf. Looks good. Smells good. I hope it isn't full of voids when sliced. I'm calling that a success.

I kept the image small as you get the point without having your browser overwhelmed.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:27 am 

Certainly is. :tu:

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:46 am 

Your avatar is so small but it looks like buns or muffins or something small and baked anyway. I'm intrigued now as we are talking lockdown baking.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Couch