[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Coronavirus
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:02 am 

Lockdown has started me baking again.

The avatar is a show off photo, after baking two batches of hot cross buns and a wholemeal loaf in the same session.

OH does the muffins and lots of other gorgeous cakes.

IMac 21.5 May 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHx DDR3 Sierra 10.12.6, Snow Lepard 10.6.8.
iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:59 pm 

Mmmm cakes. I made an apple pie this morning. I'm finishing the apples I froze last year before I get more to peel, slice and stew in a few months time.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:08 am 

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:27 am 

Member of Food Forum, arrived at Asda for her C&C to find they'd substituted light brown sugar and given her dark brown. She stormed into the store, picked up a packet of light brown off the shelves and gave some poor guy a piece of her mind.

IMac 21.5 May 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHx DDR3 Sierra 10.12.6, Snow Lepard 10.6.8.
iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:00 am 

There's a chap on the radio going on about "don't shake hands but bump elbows". Not so long ago we were being told to cough and sneeze into our elbows. Bumping doesn't seen so clever to me.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:43 am 

How are you getting on with Fermipan? Last Sainsbury order included dried yeast so haven't resorted to buying it yet.

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:03 am 

It has been great. I'd be happy to buy it again. I have kept it in the 'fridge, resealed and in a box, since opening it and I did freeze some. I have no idea how that will revive - I will report back when I try it but that will be many weeks hence, unless the opened pack suddenly loses it's vitality.

I did get some Tesco sachets recently so they will stay in reserve for now.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:50 am 

Seems to work well straight from the freezer. The whole lot is being kept in the freezer here and a measure at a time taken out to make bread. No complaints about the yeast or the storage.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:04 pm 

Thanks for that. I'll not worry the first time I use it.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:47 am 

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:02 pm 

Yes, it's in a bread machine. I did ask about it and she didn't think it was quite as good as normal yeast and used some different stuff one day but I couldn't tell the difference.

iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:03 am 

Paw, a nosey question from me - what brand bread machine do you use? I have a Panasonic, the latest in a series of Panasonics. It is great until you need a new bread pan because the non-stick layer starts coming off. Pans are a stupid price. I have no experience of other makes which might be an alternative choice for the future.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:26 am 

One person on food forum thought his wholemeal bread didn't rise as well with Fermipan, he added vitamin C. It comes in tablet form, but used only a tiny amount.

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:35 am 

iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:03 am 

Thanks. Panasonic are allegedly the best. You have been lucky with the pans. One replacement I bought started to lose the lining after a couple of uses. Panasonic were sh!tty about it but I did eventually get them to replace it. This is why I'm not 100% happy with Panasonic breadmakers. I don't put anything harsher than water and a soft nylon brush near them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Couch