[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - MGB GT
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post subject: MGB GT
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:01 pm 

Got myself a new MGB GT the other week. Im so happy with it. Cant wait till I can start driving it for fun. Had one 26 years ago, but then the kids came along. Kids now working adults so my and HTMBO decided to get another.

Any other MG fans with pictures or any classic car fans with pictures of their pride and joy.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post subject: Re: MGB GT
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:13 pm 

That’s looks a great looking car.

My Uncle has had an MG B soft top for as long as I can remember. He also has an RV8 which he bought from new.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:14 pm 

I must declare myself a classic car fan. I bought this recently as a "retirement toy", and I live in the Highlands:

Just waiting for lockdown restrictions to be eased now...

Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:19 pm 

What a great car. I will get one of those when I don’t need the Citroen. Love the Elise. The highlands are the perfect place for the Elise with those
twisty roads and beautiful scenery.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:15 pm 

A wee drive to Loch Lomond in the winter months.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:36 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:21 pm 

Looks like a good 'un :tu: I might even have seen it leave the factory.

We were living in Abingdon and could look across the fields as the transporters trundled out with a load of MGs. We were also there when the 50th anniversary was marked with a carnival procession round the town in 1979. But by then it was pretty well-known that the plant was doomed.

There's an excellent article on the MG Car Club site telling how Leyland bosses and politicians between them brought it down.

I've still got the programme... somewhere in one of our book-cases :roll:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:21 am 

Nice. Although I prefer a chrome bumper. Had a primrose yellow roadster back in the early 70's followed by a snowdrop white BGT.
If I was really quiet I could hear them rusting. Ahh, those were the days...

iMac 21.5" 3.20GHz Intel Core i3 12GB 10.13.6
iBook G4, 1.33GHz 10.5.8
iPhone Xs Max
iPadMini2

Board index » Couch