[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - TV Play or Apple TV app
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:31 pm 

You could use one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-Tech ... 3116&psc=1

How to connect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YpZar4zFpc

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:34 am 

Thought I'd replied yesterday Defcom. That looks like the last piece of the jigsaw. :tu:

IMac 21.5 May 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHx DDR3 Sierra 10.12.6, Snow Lepard 10.6.8.
iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:12 am 

Also see this forum https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k- ... d-p/456405

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:13 am 

I watched the video, which was easy to understand, then I read the comments that followed. I’ve chosen one.

“I've attached my 3.5mm Sennheiser earphones to this but when I try and control the volume, it pops up on screen as "Optical" and my Samsung TV refuses to change the volume.”

From the community link, someone couldn’t get it to work on their Samsung, “… But, after much experimenting, I discovered that if you don't plug the optical plug in all the way - you can get the speakers and the headphones to work at the same time …”

Other contributors mention if they did this and then that, etc., etc., as long as it was the third phase on the moon and Venus was in the ascendency, they managed to get it to work and overcome the latency problem as well.

The Samsung Moderator was very helpful, but eventually posted.

“Using the Optical Audio will cause the speakers to stop working. I was in error about the bluetooth on this model.”
:roll:

After a lengthy conversation with Richer Sounds at Exeter ( they have an excellent reputation) we’re getting a 40” Panasonic with EBL sound bar.

Thanks for your help.

IMac 21.5 May 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHx DDR3 Sierra 10.12.6, Snow Lepard 10.6.8.
iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:02 am 

To be honest, I was going to suggest going for another brand of TV as what you needed to do to make things worked looked like a right faff.

Personally I would have bought an LG as I think they make excellent televisions. I have a 43" LG TV and a Bose Solo 5 soundbar. The extra sound the Bose gives is plenty for me and doesn't overwhelm the senses.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:43 am 

The only reason I go for Samsung is that while I can, I will avoid Android/Google in all forms. Samsung are the only TV manufacturers with their own OS. I'm sure most people are nowhere near as fussy as I, so Panasonic, LG and Sony all make excellent screens. The OLED ones are particularly crisp.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:03 am 

My LG is 3 years old and doesn't have Android/Google in it.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:15 am 

Is it a "smart" tv? I know LG used to have it's own OS.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:18 am 

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:21 am 

webOS. I just looked it up and came back to edit but you beat me to it :D

It seems they still use it, alongside Android, so that can be the proverbial one thing I learned today. Worth knowing.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:20 am 

Great minds think alike Jonah.

Had a look at LG; another lengthy chat with Richer Sounds, eventually ordered the 40” Panasonic and JBL sound bar. No headphone socket on the LG. They offer six year guarantee.

I gather that some TV companies are developing their own software, which is neither Android or Apple.

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:19 pm 

I don't know their smartphones. Tizen is an offshoot of Linux, which is based on Unix as is macOS, Android and iOS. They are all the same at heart :D When I was seeking my latest TV - remember when we could go to Curry's without any fuss? - the other TVs I looked at (Panasonic and Sony) required me to have a Google account to be able to use the "smart" features. I may have misunderstood, of course. I liked the LG OLED screens (and still do) but Google accounts were mentioned, so I didn't take it further. If I was misinformed, I'll know for the future. I don't have a Google account which caused me grief with Emma mattresses but that is a whole other story.

Board index » Couch