[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Amazon Prime
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post subject: Amazon Prime
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:05 pm 

Anyone tried the 30 day trial of Prime and then cancelled at the end?

I'm thinking of getting it to watch the Rugby for the next three weeks. Are there any restrictions with the free trial as to what you can do with it?

Post subject: Re: Amazon Prime
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:25 pm 

The trial is without restrictions. You'll only get the one trial (per account) so make the most of it.

You can cancel it the next day and it will still run the full thirty days. Get your seasonal deliveries faster, too.

I have the annual sub for £79 as I buy lots of stuff, and use the TV now and again.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:06 pm 

Thanks for that.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:57 am 

I managed to get 2 free trials - don't know how and wouldn't suggest anyone trying - and now subscribe to Prime. It's mainly for free (usually) next day delivery but I have watched a bit of the TV. I did watch the Premier League football when it was on.

It's worth trying it for 30 days.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:26 pm 

Oh yeah, there's also Prime Reading if you want to sneak in a few books/mags. I don't use that facility myself, except for the occasional Viz* via the iPad Kindle app.

* Not as funny as it used to be.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:45 pm 

I got a free trial starting 18 November just for Picard, then noticed it has rugby as well. After I told that to a few mates, all I heard was moans about "why isn't it on real telly" and along the lines of "yeah, as if Amazon's regular customers are ever going to watch quality sport" which may actually be a relevant point of view. Basically they're boycotting any form of pay-per-view as well not wanting to give Amazon any more personal information than absolutely necessary. The free trial was a dead donkey.

Also I don't think it's worth it for me, so I shall cancel before payment. As a Top Gear watcher I had a look at two episodes of The Grand Tour and decided not to bother again. Most of the 'free' viewing can be seen on Netflix or elsewhere and I'm not going to pay another fee on top of the monthly sub for any of the other viewing opportunites.

I only use Amazon to purchase things maybe once a year if that.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:11 pm 

Ditto what Lazzo said.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:11 pm 

I also got 2 free trials of Prime - the first I let run for a few months then decided there wasn't much in it for me so I cancelled. Earlier this year they offered another 30-day trial but I cancelled it after 30 days. A couple of months later they offered me a week for 99p so I took that (one decent film and it's worth it, even without any deliveries) then cancelled. I'm waiting to see what the next offer will be. :lol:

To be honest, if you're buying from Amazon every week and your orders generally come to less than £20, it's worth it. Otherwise their music, TV, and movies tend to be less inspiring - AND LESS COMPLETE unless you decide to double up on the fee and go for Music as well - than what's on offer from competitors e.g. Apple, Spotify, Netflix.

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:32 pm 

An old thread I know but it is Amazon Prime.

Not only has the annual price gone up a lot but they are going to start inserting ads into their streams from February. I'm not paying them even more to be ad-free. Lucky I don't watch much on Prime. I really had it for the delivery factor. However, I maybe get next day delivery on only half of my orders, even when I order early morning. I also get a two-hour slot emailed to me about midday but that slips and slips. What's the point of sending a time slot so I can be available and then, well, basically ignore it?

Grumble over. This may be my last year of Prime.

Board index » Couch