[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What are you eating
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: What are you eating
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:34 pm 

Sorry, I couldn't help it. This topic just had to land here.

For breakfast (if you can call 11:00 breakfast time) I had a nice healthy helping of porridge and wholewheat toast with Marmite.

For lunch I had a nice healthy plate of fried tomatoes, fried black pudding and fried egg on toast.

For dinner I shall be eating whatever my beer gland dictates, no doubt served to me by a friendly smiling person of British Empire origin.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post subject: Re: What are you eating
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:27 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:31 am 

Not vindaloo this time, by the time I got out of the pub I only had £6 and change left so it was Singapore noodles and hot & sour soup. However, when I got back I chucked the noodles in the wok with chopped chillies, mushrooms, piri-piri and various seasonings - maybe I could have saved a few quid and used my own noodles. Except that the take-away's taste and ingredients made for an excellent base!

I do that plenty of times, for instance spend a £1 on a couple of spring rolls and by the time I've finished at home they've been transformed into a pretty good meal. Just like buying ingredients only they've been sourced, bought and cooked already... I guess it can be quite an economical meal-making method when you break it down.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:43 pm 

It works! Now, if I could only remember what I did.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:32 pm 

Cor that looks lovely Costas. My lunch was noodles again, lazy sod that I am, with garlic, onion and octopus - but all cooked by me this time, if one can refer to wok-whizzing as cooking.

Tonight I'm going for a large portion of George's fish and chips. There's no work at the moment, which depresses me, so I'll spend money eating and drinking which makes me feel much better temporarily. :roll:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:57 pm 

I'm about to have a M&S device: Round Yorkshire Pudding with layers of sliced Beef and Potatoes. Recommend it. Worth a try.

Indigestion all evening watching the footie. Scotland will be beaten again I suppose.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:13 pm 

Really? I see stuff like that in M&S (and the others) but kind of skim over it. All my life I've thought of these ready-meals as processed, manufactured, sort of plastic... that must quite old-fashioned of me. (I know that sounds contradictory for me but a damn good Indian or Chinese is more or less done to order. As for my Saturday Night Donner Kebab, well what can I say. I'm a 52-year-old yobbo with a concrete stomach.)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

I must ask Lazzo, did you eat the famous sprouting spud featured here and other forums?

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:34 pm 

Nope! I left it on top of the cupboard to see what happened. It was a swift, sad allegory of life as it blossomed, wrinkled, withered and died, but at least I have the photo to remember it by. The poor little thing looked like a soft black lumpy marble with a disgusting texture. Such a waste of a little veggy life.

So I chucked it. :D

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:51 pm 

Just finishing the even meal with an apple.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:10 pm 

I'm eating a reduced (end of day) piece of fillet steak, lightly pan-fried in coconut oil, served with freshly picked wild oyster shrooms, gently cooked in unsalted butter, and steamed spinach.

Followed by a mixed berry medley, with lashings of double cream and full fat Total.

(I'm dieting. That is NOT a facetious remark - I've lost 3/4 of a stone of fat in a month)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:39 pm 

Chopped turkey breast tandoori curry plus fried pilau rice with garlic, chillies and ginger mixed in. I slow-cooked the meat in the oven in a mixture of double cream, piri-piri, cayenne pepper, a liberal quantity of Pataks tandoori paste and chopped up some coriander to finish.

Not very hot, but by golly tasty. I've saved some for after-pub in the hope of stopping myself buying a donner kebab. Although it has occurred to me to mix the donner in with it...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:59 am 

Todays' breakfast: porridge with chopped chillie, grated ginger, brown sugar and a spoonful of mango pickle. Toast with marmite.
Never tried chillies in porridge before, it works perfectly! Maybe I'll try a sprinkle of piri-piri as well next time.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:54 pm 

That's not porridge, that's muesli! Unusual muesli, but not porridge because the individual oat flakes haven't broken down and are still plainly visible. Very good for the cholesterol though.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:11 pm 

My preference is to not overcook anything that doesn't need it; my mother's cooking forté was always to boil vegetables until they were tasteless, unappetising gloop and turn meat into charred, unidentifiable remnants thus eliminating any form of nutrition. I swore at a very early age that I wouldn't dishonour any animal or veg in that fashion!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Board index » Couch