[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What are you eating
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: What are you eating
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:04 pm 

...right. Lamb steaks, pitta bread, olives, feta cheese, salad and Heineken export it is.

Many thanks to the spirit of William Wordsworth for suggesting that in a passing vision.

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:28 pm 

wedding cake :

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:49 pm 

So, that was my breakfast last Monday - beef meatballs, rice with chillies and shredded meaty left-overs in a rich curry gravy made with liquid fat from several unidentified sources. I understand fully that might not be everyone's morning cup of cornflakes. However, today I was exposed to genuine Romanian home cooking...

...which makes me look like a purveyor of fine quality haut cuisine, a gastronaut of the highest order, a man of delicate palate, a 5 star Michelin chef - and a complete loser in this particular game.

:mrgreen: :)

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:59 am 

Lots of strange but great tastes for my birthday meal, shame the camera on the iPhone 3 is abysmal.

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:43 pm 

Admit it, you lot miss my food prep posts... :)

Marathon bar infused with Encona:

What you need

Slice down half way and waggle it a bit to make an opening. This works best on a warm choccy bar

A potato peeler makes a good Encona scoop...

...and a very good injection tool

The finished product.

Don't forget to chew the choccy bits off the knife edge and lick the potato peeler, health & safety be damned. And make sure you do it on the breadboard 'cos it drives SWMBO bonkers, which might not be fun but it does let her know you're still around. :)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:50 am 

Hmm, what to have for breakfast? Nice porridge oats in warm milk with chopped apple, chillie and ginger... or a double-bacon doorstep?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:11 pm 

Had a big bowl of lentils last night which, at the time, seemed like a reasonable way to sort out several pints of Directors and Old Speckled Hen.
Then the devil's work began. The words 'Dutch oven' are an injustice to nine hours of chemical warfare.

I'm BACK! :)

Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:30 am 

Bran Flakes with a few Sultanas thrown in for...er...taste. I'm on a diet.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:26 am 

Ooooh...
Mixed donner from takeaway re-heated in my oven, with extras.
Scrape the greasy salad bits to one side. Put the chicken and so-called lamb on the top wire shelf to grill until beginning to crisp up, then a big lump of real butter dumped on top. In the meantime the pitta bread (already soaked in kebab fat, obviously) on the middle shelf soaks up even more dripping fat and butter from the meat above it. When done to taste, or whatever smells best, switch 'em round so the soaked pitta bread is now under the grill and the meat is keeping warm on the middle shelf. The pitta on the top shelf under the grill begins to crisp up thanks to all the fat and butter but still has internal chewiness.
Bung the greasy salad in to the mix because you know it's healthy, add some fun jalapeno chillies from the local Turk shop and don't worry about the arterial blossoming.
I did this tonight and it's mazing how tasty it was after X amount of ales. This may be my final post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18

Board index » Couch