[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What are you drinking?...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:19 pm 

Redemption Urban Dusk. I wish the barmaid had warned me the dimple jug is plastic. Came damn close to peeling my beer off the ceiling.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:11 pm 

A local finally got some Dark Star beers other than Hophead. Sunquake is not bad at all, but I think their American Pale tastes like GK IPA, which is rather unfortunate.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:21 pm 

Glastonbury Brewery Voodoo IPA 4.8% ().

It is very hoppy. You really get the hop benefit with burps. Good stuff but a bit much hop for my preference, but first bottle of it I've ever had. Also it was a gift and I don't want to sound ungrateful because I'm not.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:55 pm 

Both of those hops are bittery citrus with various fruit effects. I never really got mixing two similar varieties, but the mixture must do something. I like something a bit more bitter and dank, so more of a Mosaic man.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:25 pm 

Lerwick Brewery Azacca Amarillo IPA. Sort of reminiscent of the barley wine I’ve drunk many years ago.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:38 pm 

Ripper 8.5% from Greenjack Brewery.
My review on RateBeer when I get round to posting it:
Excrutiating, this is death by the pint. Roasted fruit flavours, basically a pint of barley wine and 'nuff said. Or not nuff said - session this at your peril. If you really desire more than one pint of this, or you can actually stomach more than one pint, you need help. A lot of help. It is digestible, but only just... however one manages after one foolishly pays for it. And one is distinctly wonky post-pint. But it does have its attractions, I'm stumped as to what they are, but who cares really.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:45 pm 

A quality review/warning Laz.

These 7 / 8 % things are pretty rough.

Oddly Cider/Cyder can be ok - Westons is great.

Nothing much to report atm - Mainly been on Abbot or Bishops Finger

Both great value from Tesco

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:04 pm 

Heeeeeyyyyy... Jezza old mate! Nice to hear from you again...

My review may be quality or it may not, what I do know is that I exceeded my Ripper limit as recommended above. I'd already had six pints of varied nature in other venues before exposing myself to Ripper which was several hours ago and to be honest my living room is still revolving. I have a feeling this nastiness is going to continue into the night and I may have to sleep standing upright.

Just in case anyone's feeling brave, this murderous pint is on cask in The Old Cross, Hertford.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:10 pm 

Is this beer a tip of the hat to the Whitechapel slasher, Saucy Jack?

edit: I've just googled the label - so best of luck with the female trade on this one :)

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:49 pm 

Well, yeah I suppose there is that... but as I don't do PC I can't comment, being too busy trying to hold this ridiculous pint down. Maybe the brewery wil have to think about that in future designs. :)

Post Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:50 pm 

My first glass of Penderyn Legend - single malt Welsh whiskey.

I was given it a week or so ago. It would be rude to leave it uncorked.

Officially:
Aromas of fresh apples and citrus fruits intermingle with cream fudge and sultana raisins in the nose to create a complex yet fresh, clean and well-balanced whisky.

Notes of tropical fruit, raisins and vanilla persist in the finish.

I get the fudge part but maybe my taste buds are still tasting the glasses of wine.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:19 pm 

Bushmills single malt on the rocks :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Board index » Couch