[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What are you drinking?...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:58 pm 

All from handpump:

Arkell's Moonlight 4.5%
Not very hoppy, vanilla flavour but still potable - 5/10.

Bronywyg Riptide 4.5% (made-up name)
Dark, hoppy, slightly roasty, not quite my scene but somehow quaffable - 6.5/10.

Kelham Island Pale Rider 5.2%
Plenty of American hops, touch of malt, another winner - 8/10.

Nethergate's Growler Hound Dog 4.5%
A little hop; blackcurrent flavour or something floral? Rather insipid, a rare Nethergate fail - 2/10.

Hepworth Classic 4.8%
Dark, chocolatey, malty, not enough hop - 3.5/10.

Sadler's Hop Bomb 5%
Aptly named, a face-shrivelling onslaught of hops. Now that's beer - 9/10.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:29 pm 

Burton Bridge Brewery Golden Delicious 3.8%
Excellent beer. No nose to speak of, just great flavour - 7/10.

Oakham Ales Jeffrey Hudson Bitter 3.8%
Slightly malty nose, very pale with a musty flavour - 5/10.

Hepworth Dark Horse 3.8%
Malty nose, malty flavour but not chocolatey, a faint hint of hop - 5/10.

Last edited by Lazzo on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:10 pm 

Today I've been mostly drinking water. Not fancied beer the past few days.. Although I did keg 40 pints of home brew this morning.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:15 pm 

Casillero del Diablo

iPhone 4s
iPhone 5

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:10 pm 

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:50 pm 

In fact her's one I did today, no free samples unfortunately :roll:

Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:59 pm 

iPhone 4s
iPhone 5

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:26 pm 

...that could be you in the visual :D

Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:38 pm 

iPhone 4s
iPhone 5

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:33 pm 

I wasn't sure where to put this post... wine rack bra:

http://www.geekalerts.com/wine-rack-flask-bra/

:D

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:32 pm 

Location: MacBook Pro13" 2.2GHz 10.10.2 4GB RAM 500GB WD Hard Drive 10.8.5 + iPhone 6 16GB

I was chatting to one of our drivers at work last week and he said that his other half worked for Adnams on the import side which means that she gets to go over to the USA and New Zealand to research what they are bringing over. Apparently she has a trip to New Zealand coming up in November, a nice summer holiday while we are all cold and wet here. He told me about some of the American beers that they have been bringing over and also about the spirits that they have been distilling. Adnams have some gins and vodkas available now and also a whisky in production which won't be ready until later this year.

As we are planning our honeymoon to the US for next year he gave me a whole list of beers to try. Waitrose has got some of the Adnams beers in some of their stores but this was the only American one in our local. Nothing like Budweiser or other American rubbish (making love in a canoe to quote Monty Python) but a quality slightly hoppy beer. Like an IPA.

Now moving on to the gin.

"The Macintosh may only have 10% of the market, but it is clearly the top 10%."
Douglas Adams

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:06 am 

The Americans make really good beers these days, the IPAs are generally excellent, provided they can resist the sweet-tooth effect that plagues many US consumables. They still make the awful crap as well (Colt 45, sheesh) but they've been graduating nicely to real brewing. Never mind the honeymoon mate, make sure you get your priorities right at the time. :)

Sometimes over here it feels as if we're going backwards, when a punter faced with six handpumps studies each one carefully then orders a pint of f*****g John Smiths Smooth. :twisted:

I've not formed an opinion about Adnams becoming a distillery yet, but you can be sure I will. Heh heh.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:00 pm 

I quite like John Smiths, but given the choice of 6 hand pumps I would be drinking at least one of the 6.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:41 pm 

When there's absolutely no other choice, possibly, however I'm very unlikely to find myself in such an establishment! I'm a snob and happy to admit it. :)

To, me, any John Smiths variant (or similar) is a chemical travesty of beer. Price can be the only reason it's available everywhere when his brother Sam's place turns out an infinitely superior product that we don't see enough of down here. Boo!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:17 pm 

For a bit of confusion.... The Samuel Smith was the father of John Smith. He lent his son the money to buy a brewery and John Smiths was born. John Smith left the brewery to his nephew Samuel who renamed it Samuel Smiths Brewery. At the same time another uncle with interests in the brewery (William) took the John Smith name and recipe to a new site in Tadcaster which is what youd now know as John Smiths.

Even though I dont drink Johns (as its known locally), I love the drive along the A64 when the mash is on. The malty aroma is something special!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Board index » Couch