[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What are you drinking?...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:43 pm 

From tomorrow I shall be drinking... lots. The Ware beer festival is over Friday 5th & Saturday 6th and the Wetherspoons festival started yesterday through to Sunday 21st. I got lucky, because I'm broke someone else is paying for both festivals!

Mind you, with someone else's cash I suppose I should make an attempt at reasonable containment of enthusiasm...

...Hahahahahahahahahahaha haHAHAHA *weeps* HAHAHAHAhahahahahahaha hahaha haha ha hic

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:45 pm 

What I had for lunch courtesy of Bombardier:

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:59 pm 

Sediment. I should've read the label. :roll: :)

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 pm 

Enjoying a pint of my single malt, single hop, pale ale.

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:49 pm 

European or US hops? I've developed a taste for the flavour and aroma of US hops, must be all that vitamin D they get.

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:26 am 

Those unmistakable citrus notes! Look out for beers brewed with Australian and newzeland hops as they often have similar characteristics.

Oh, and if you're keen on the American hoppy ales, keep an eye out for Goose Island IPA. It's generally considered one of the best examples of an American IPA.

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:06 am 

Goose Island has been in the Wetherspoon festivals, I remember the name... I might have something in my tasting notes, wherever they are now.

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 am 

I guess your notes will go along the lines of "FFUUU.... MASSIVE HOP HIT" lol

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:00 am 

Yes my learned discourse and erudition, along with my writing, does tend to slide as the day wears on!

Some recent samplings:
Sadler's Hop Bomb (I never thought I'd say this) was slightly too hoppy for me.
Hepworth Classic, dark and malty but with nowhere enough hops.
(I'd still happily knock back a few of either, but veer toward the Hop Bomb.)
Arkell's Moonlight isn't very hoppy at all and has a vanilla flavour, inoffensive but I won't bother with it by choice.
Bronywyg Riptide, dark, hoppy, slightly roasty, has a lot going for it and would have more going for it if I could find out anything about it.

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:50 pm 

You ever tried brewdog's hardcore IPA?

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:14 pm 

Drinking here in Norway, is a very expensive game. Firstly booze over 4.5% can only be sold in the state Offy, known as Vinmonopolet. The stores open at ten in the morning and close at 6 in the evening 3 on Sataurday. Oh and don't open on public holidays.

Supermarkets can sell booze under 4.%% upto 8 in the evening.

Bars are expensive.

So it is unlikly that i will see BigDave and co anytime soon :D

iPhone 4s
iPhone 5

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:19 pm 

OUCH!!!!!

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:50 pm 

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:26 am 

Alcopop, nice cooler on a hot bank holiday Monday. :D

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:15 pm 

Abbot Ale

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next

Board index » Couch