[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Motor racing
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Motor racing
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:58 am 

I was going to start this generic racing thread last week after watching the MotoGP (Rossi really wanted that podium!) - but I was coerced by guilt into some gardening instead.

I've seen the highlighlights of the F1 practice sessions from Korea. Now I've finally seen the cars on it this looks like a tasty track. Along with the decent straights and the fast curves, there are a couple of fast street circuit style wall-enclosed curves leading onto the pit straight which, for the brave or those with enough grip, could help draughting to a pass before the first corner - these are a lot faster than I was expecting them to be! The pit lane entry looks fruity, there could be a rear-ender there if someone gets their timing wrong.

YouTube lap of the circuit . It's the same one I posted on MF a while before our little webcrash, so there's nothing new if you've seen it already.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post subject: Re: Motor racing
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:06 pm 

Motorcyle racing wins hands down everytime. I prefer superbikes, which has two races, to MotoGP's one long race. The riders also have to be superfit with nerves of steeel.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:18 pm 

My choice. Get dirty and down [img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/87772296@N00/4971384813/%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20[/url][/img]

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:19 pm 

I can't get a photo on here to save my life ??

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:04 pm 

My post: Site 'can't determine the size of the image" It says.
Now I know, well; some of the reason

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:48 pm 

Grey, I know how you feel and you're not alone. It's the way flickr presents the code, can't blame them for wanting get an ad in the link. Okey dokey:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:02 pm 

Thanks Lazzo Will read the Tutorial. Wanted to show you my 'Dirt' bike

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:33 am 

I like your House. Wow!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:29 pm 

That's merely the little town residence, you should see my main house in the country. I'd post a pic of it, if only I could find a lens that could take in such vastness. :)

Did the quick vid help? I must admit I didn't put my full attention and expertise into it. Maybe you can wait for the director's cut?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:11 pm 

Not yet. Been trying to get recordings I made on a new Satellite Receiver to play on a TV as opposed to only on Computer. It'll be next project. Very small items become projects to me these days.
I've got the vid on ATV all ready for about twenty viewings; Probably.
Thanks for your help.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:04 am 

Korea had a bit of rain, didn't it.... :lol:

There was this great moment when the camera scanned the crowd waiting for the race to restart. At the start a woman is seen behind (to the right) of some umbrellas, trying to protect her head with something. A few moments later the camera went back and closed right in. Her face is a picture as it dawns on her that face filling the giant screen opposite is hers :shock:
. (I removed a chunk showing most of Lewis's walk back to the garage).

Apparently she'd rather have wet hair than be seen wearing that hat :D

Makes me smile every time I see that clip. Hope it brightens your Monday morning, folks!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:53 pm 

lol!

The race has given Red Bull a real problem, hasn't it? They really don't want Mark Webber to be Champion (he didn't go through the Red Bull 'University' or whatever they call it, he's not a twentysomething, and he's not a German speaker), but if they end up with a Vettel win in each of the next two races and Webber comes second, Alonso only has to come third each time to be Champ. If on the other hand Webber was first in the last two races and not Vettel then it wouldn't matter what Alonso did, Webber would be Champion.

I wonder what they'll do? Somehow I suspect they'll blow the Championship because of internal politics...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:08 pm 

Pretty with or without the hat. Lovely smile

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:18 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:46 pm 

F1... It is to Motorsports what the Premiership is to football... :o :lol: Really really went off it a long time ago.

As the thread title is 'Motorsports', I don't feel bad posting http://gt1world.com/. This is the series i'm into, and when I eventually get Sky i'll be signing up to ESPN so I can watch the whole series! Great to see such a mixture of cars... and the Corvette C6's....WOW. When you hear that low revving grunty 7Litre V8 engine hammering down the start/finish straight in real life, it really is immense.

But each to his own an' all that. You bunch of Beckhams....

;) :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next

Board index » Couch