[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - GONE. Olympus/Canon film cameras and extras for sale
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » For Sale/Wanted

Forum rules

Please post in the title when the item is sold or wanted items are found.
One thread per sale/want.

Commercial/business ads will be deleted.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:59 am 

Two film cameras and equipment for sale on behalf of a friend:
Olympus Trip MD3
Canon EOS 500 (1994)
Sigma APO 70-300mm telephoto lens
Lens hood
And - gasp - two rolls of film! Batteries not included.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Last edited by Lazzo on Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:35 am 

What, no-one wants even the lens? Oh dear! I'll Gumtree the gear then.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:58 pm 

Sorry, I bought a newer version of the Sigma lens last year!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:42 pm 

So, it's all your fault then! :)

There's been no interest in this kit anywhere yet. Sad. Any suggestions as to somewhere I could place the ad with a reasonable chance of a sale?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:57 pm 

I own a similar outfit from Minolta including 4 original Minolta lenses.

Camera dealers I have talked to won't even take it as part exchange, saying there is NO market for cameras that use film anymore.

If I buy a Sony SLR I can re-use the same lenses.

Have you tried eBay?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 am 

The tele lens should fit a modern Canon digital, shouldn't it??

Yeah, there isn't an actual market for film cameras but people still use them because the results are often better. Kodak were manufacturing film to the end and there's a lot of their film stock around and chemists still develop it too, although many snappers develop their own. There must be 10-15 years' worth of film available, if it lasts that long.

I have an extremely low opinion of ebay. I'd rather stay well away from it if at all possible!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:45 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:02 pm 

Ta, I didn't think of Amazon - I'll give that a whirl.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:44 pm 

There is a market stall in Lymington on a Saturday that buys and sells film gear, but I can't remember who they are.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:42 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:01 am 

Hmm, didn't know about the mount change, that tends to make it fairly unsaleable.

I'll leave the post here, I don't want to clutter the board. It's going on other websites as well.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:44 pm 

I have two Nikon FE2's - a Nikkormat, a weird Polish camera with a Zeiss lens so sharp you could cut yourself on it.

And I'm keeping them Laz.

Do the same skipper.

Its all good stuff and you'll need them one day.

Trust me.

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:14 pm 

It all belongs to a mate unfortunately. If this kit was mine I'd be buying film for the camera and using it, not storing it! Film's got soul.
I'll keep punting the ads around in hope.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:12 pm 

I've only just happened on this thread, and perhaps it's history now, but.............. did you sell it?
Did you have a price in mind?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:51 am 

Nope, it's all still here! I don't know about price anymore since Fitfh pointed out that the mounts have changed making the lens incompatible with modern Canons, which kind of skewered my original hopes, so my mate's open to offers. I think he was hoping for a couple of hundred for the lot at first. Whether that's still viable, I dunno.

Obviously the lens fits the EOS 500 film camera here and there's still plenty of film available out there.

Board index » For Sale/Wanted