Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » For Sale/Wanted

Forum rules

Please post in the title when the item is sold or wanted items are found.
One thread per sale/want.

Commercial/business ads will be deleted.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:04 pm 

Having a clearout of old kit, these two A5 size Wacom Graphire 4 tablets are surplus to requirements. Both connect via USB, will include the original driver CD but a later driver is available from the Wacom website for use in the most recent versions of Mac OS X - you download the Bamboo one which also works with the Graphire 4.

We currently use two of these on our iMacs running 10.7 Lion - I've not tried them under 10.8 yet but the driver is compatible according to Wacom's website.

Generally in pretty good condition, one has a tiny surface scratch on the plastic which is not visible unless you're up close to it. One of the stylus' rubber coating has started to perish a little bit near the nib, but the other one is fine - you can see this in the second photo below (the one on the left is the slightly perished one). You can pick up the stylus on ebay for a few quid so not expensive at all to replace if it bothers you.

However, none of this affects the use, both have been tested and work great in Photoshop for retouching and pressure-sensitive painting. Once you've used a graphic tablet in Photoshop, you won't want to go back to using a mouse, believe me!

So, onto the cost. Well, I have to be honest, I'm not too sure what to put these up for. Looking on ebay, they vary from about £30 upwards. Originally, they were well over £150 each. These two have hardly been used and for the last 2 years have been in a cupboard. Like I say, I've just tested both on my iMac running 10.7.5 and Photoshop CS 6 - we've also used them on 10.4 and 10.5 in the past, with Photoshop CS 2.

Hmm, I'll say £25, including postage. PM me if interested, Paypal preferred.

EDIT: We also have another of these, but it doesn't have a stylus - I suspect it may be lurking somewhere in the cupboard but I don't have the time to empty it! Could be useful if you have a functioning stylus but your tablet has broken. Again, PM me if interested and we'll barter a price, considering the lack of a stylus!

* Witty statement goes here *

Last edited by MacOS10 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:25 pm 

Wow, that was quick - both have been reserved now!
Thanks all.

* Witty statement goes here *

Board index » For Sale/Wanted