[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - For Sale: 2008 20" iMac & Wireless Kit **Sold**
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » For Sale/Wanted

Forum rules

Please post in the title when the item is sold or wanted items are found.
One thread per sale/want.

Commercial/business ads will be deleted.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:46 pm 

Hi guys.

For sale as aforementioned. One negative which I'll get off the bat first: on dark pages, you can see some light vertical lines. This is to do with the screens backlighting. More info . I can assure you that this has been like this for a very long time and is not noticeable other than on a dark screen. Even then you don't really see it-and it's not detrimental to the use of the computer in the slightest! Not uncommon on 2008 iMacs. I'm just being honest.

So, with that out of the way, to the iMac:

2008 20" 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
6GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (upgraded from 4 to 6 last year)
250GB HD
Super Drive (this was a Mashita unit, but was replaced in 2009 with an Optiarc unit under Applecare)

Wired full size keyboard and wired Scroll Mouse
Original Documentation
Original Install Discs
Apple white remote (although the battery has gone flat)
Original box with poly inserts and screen cover
Comes with original 1GB RAM and the additional 2GB (Crucial) which was removed to fit the 4GB.

The Apple Spec sheet can be found .

Shipped with 10.5, but has been running 10.9 which is running fine (has a few gremlins which hopefully Apple will iron out in future updates but it is running well enough for me to keep using day-to-day). If it is bought here I will obviously wipe the HD, but I'm happy to install 10.6, 10.8 or 10.9 as I have all 3. I won't be selling the 10.6 discs as I'll be giving these to my Dad for his MacBook.

The condition of it is excellent. There is one tiny scuff on the side of the lower right edge, but is barely noticeable. The wired keyboard saw little use as it was replaced with an Apple Wireless Keyboard. The Mouse has seen a little more use but is still working as it should.

Disk Utility reports no errors and everything works as it should-no dead pixels or funny noises. The HD has never been over more than 100GB (I think the most full it's ever been is about 80GB) as I store all my libraries externally. The only reason I'm selling (and I'd keep it if it wasn't part financing it) is because I've bought a new iMac.

I also have an Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse for Sale. If anyone is interested I can do a deal with the iMac, otherwise I'll sell separately.

Now for the price: I'm looking for £350 ovno. I've been watching auctions and this seems a fair price, especially as the RAM last year alone cost me nearly £50. I'd much rather it go to somebody who really appreciates it, and I'm trying to avoid eBay, so if anybody here is interested I may be able to do a deal.

Postage wise, I'll provide a screen grab of the Parcel Force options at the foot of the page unless someone wanted to organise their own courier.

Magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard: £30 each plus P+P at £3.50 or both together for £50 plus £5 P+P. If you wanted these as well as the iMac then we can thrash out a deal over PM's :D The keyboard is fine with all keys in place (keys have a little sheen to them as normal), and the Magic Mouse is fine too with minimal signs of use (no scrapes or scratches etc). Both of these items are in their original boxes.

I'll get pictures up of all the gear at the weekend as the boxes etc are in the loft, but here's some screen grabs in the meantime...

Any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch. This is a cracking little computer.

Dan

Postage Rates:

Last edited by DanielMoore on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:49 pm 

Took some photos this evening as promised. The first three are of the screen to highlight the backlight issue: but as you can see, this does not affect anything during normal use (and although a cliché, the truth is the pictures make it look worse):

And you can see in these shots that you can't see them at all:

I have checked the contents and both install discs are present, remote, literature and the still sealed, Apple screen cleaning cloth. Not only that, but everything still has it's cellophane wrapping too...

Also, the two additional RAM modules: a 1GB and a 2GB and the AppleCare box which comes with AppleCare booklet and TechTool Deluxe on CD:

....and the box in which it came in:

Also, the Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse:

As before, can do a deal on these too if anybody wants them.

I'd really like to see it go to a fellow forum member, but the dreaded eBay is looks more of an option daily!

As before, drop me a PM if you're interested.

Dan :D

Board index » For Sale/Wanted