[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - WANTED - Older computers / consoles
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » For Sale/Wanted

Forum rules

Please post in the title when the item is sold or wanted items are found.
One thread per sale/want.

Commercial/business ads will be deleted.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:54 pm 

Does anyone have any of the following computers/consoles they might like to sell to me?

iMac Indigo
G4 Cube
Commodore 64
Amiga 1200
PC Engine (white one)
Super Nintendo (SNES)

Not for silly money though, obviously!

They're for my own use, so need to work, and I won't be selling them on.

*edited to reflect purchases made!*

Last edited by bombardier on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:59 pm 

I know you said they need to be working but I have a BBC/B that blew something when I turned it on a few months ago. You are welcome to have it, the monitor and floppy drive if you can get it fixed (all for free). I won't be in the slightest offended if you decline. It is all in the garage.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:04 pm 

Wow, that's very kind, generous, and I'm very tempted! Alas, I know nothing about actually repairing electronics, although have a friend that does, so I may take you up on it. I'd not need the monitor though, and that would make it a whole lot easier to send. That is, if you'd be happy to box up for a courier (which I could arrange).

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:30 pm 

Let me know. It is in a Viglen case. I do have the original cover and disk enclosure (it is big :D).

What is a Viglen case? Well.... here's an image I nicked from a search.

Mine only has the one drive. There is also a ROM expansion board (with various ROMs for which I have most manuals) and a ROM cartridge system. There is a mouse (yes!) and games on disk (probably tape somewhere). I spent too much on it. Oh yes and an EEPROM blower. There might even be some blanks. Not that I ever copied any, of course. I also have two (musical type) keyboards, I just remembered.

It might just be a capacitor. It may be the PSU. I turned it on. There was a fizz, small puff of blue smoke and I turned the power off immediately. I loved it, but not enough to have it fixed.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:20 am 

I have an older tower Macintosh, without checking I'm not sure which one it is, but it is quite large and you're welcome to it if you want it. I got it free myself from freecycle and I don't know what it's working status is. I think the guy said it was working but I cannot guarantee anything about it.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:11 am 

Sorry for the delay in replying. Had to be away for a couple of days.

Loughor - thanks so much again for your very kind offer. Unfortunately I'm only trying to get the machines in the form factors I had them in, so for me, the BBC B was the normal all-in-one unit. On that basis I'll have to politely decline your offer. Having said that - I reckon you could still get a fair bit for it on eBay as it seems the problem you have is almost certainly that a few capacitors need replacing. Shouldn't cost more than £20 if you do it yourself. People are still buying them up as faulty too, as they will fix them and sell them on! Thanks again for such a kind offer though.

Leewave - Thanks for YOUR very kind offer as well. The only Mac I'd be interested in getting again is the G4 Cube really. I loved my one of those, and gutted I sold it to help finance my MacPro! Thanks very much though. Again, I reckon you'd get a few quid on eBay, or you could build a nice mackintosh in the case?!

Managed to pick up an Atari ST 520 STFM, Gameboy Color, Megadrive II and Gamecube so far. The C64 is in my sights mainly, followed by Atari 800XL, and then an Amiga A1200 (I also had an A500 originally, but space doesn't permit me to have another one of those I don't think! A shame I'm going to only have what I had before, as an A600 would fit the bill, size-wise!).

Thanks again both, the hunt continues.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:43 am 

Not a problem.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:39 pm 

LC475 - Not used in yonks.

You could pop by and have a booze up.

@loughor

Nice link.

I used to live in and went to school in Llangyfelach

Cymru am byth!

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:55 pm 

I know it (mostly in passing ;) ). I'm not a local. I moved to the area 9n '75. Rwy'n dod o Loegr (if the translator is correct :D ).

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:49 am 

Thanks Jezza. Alas, never owned one of those, so not on my list! Would love to pop by for a booze up anyway, we should arrange something.

Going to edit my original post in a minute as I've bought (mostly via eBay) a lot of those already now!

Still on the hunt for an Indigo iMac and a G4 Cube though!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

I have an Indigo iMac DV400 here if you'd like it, complete with keyboard, mouse and box (I think). I need to check with someone who said they'd like it a while ago to see if they're still after one.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 pm 

Perfect! If they don't want it, how much do you want for it? Obviously happy to come and pick it up ;)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:54 pm 

Ah, no worries. Thanks anyway James.

Board index » For Sale/Wanted