[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Some sad news to share
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post subject: Some sad news to share
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:43 am 

On Monday I took my little cat to the vet as she was having trouble breathing. It was her little heart giving way, we sadly have to have her put to sleep. She was born with a heart murmur, but it never gave her any trouble in her 10 years. She was the best most loving cat you could ever ask for. Always wanting on your lap purring away, following you wherever you went, be it in the bath or in the back garden ever running out to the car to greet you as you came home day or night.

God bless you Tinkerbell you will be missed.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:06 am 

Bless her, you gave her a long and happy life. R.I.P Tinkerbell

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:13 am 

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:09 am 

Letting go is the hardest thing to do with your pets. Just remember, Tinkerbell may be gone from your life but she can never be taken out of your life. The ones we love never truly leave us.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

:cry:

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:07 pm 

thanks to all. The worst thing was she was never ill and the first time she visited a vet, she never came home :(

Her sister is still looking for her, she doesn't know whats happened, she's walking about meowing and looking. we don't usually see her that much but she's not really left the house.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:18 pm 

That is very sad, crapday. When one of our dogs died, a Scottish terrier called Lucy whose partner was Charlie, a West Highland White, she had to be put down. We brought her home and laid her out in the house in the conservatory. Our other two dogs, Charlie and Badger went to see her, they sniffed her and then walked away and sat down. The next day I buried her at the end of the garden but I didn't disguise it from the other animals. They did not take part, by their choice.

Euthanasia at the vets can be very peaceful and not traumatic - at least for the animal. Not so much for the humans. Our cat, Tally was a great soul and he got bone cancer in his shoulder and had to be put down. My wife and I took him to the vet, he was in pain I think but was very stoic and not complaining. We said our goodbyes and Tally allowed the vet to inject him with anaesthetic without a shrug. After that the second injection to stop his heart. He went peacefully. I hope your Tinkerbell had similar treatment too.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:41 pm 

Our shrine to loved ones. All cremated and ashes stored in caskets.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:39 am 

Some more pictures to share.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:37 pm 

Just this side of heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here. that pet goes to the RAINBOW Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind.
They run and play together but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass his legs carry him faster and faster.
You have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet you cling together in joyous reunion never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain on your face your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together.....

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:38 pm 

Sad news, crapday. :(

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:40 pm 

Very sorry for your loss Crapday. I have been there too often myself.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:04 am 

Her sister Violet has started to spend more time with us. Before she spent most time outside or up in my sons room. I think Tinkerbell pulled the downstairs and violet upstairs. I know this might sound bad, but I think Violet is more relaxed now.

Gary.

Board index » Couch