[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - So what's on the radio today?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:18 pm 

Now that I'm retired, I'm home most of the time, unless I'm out (you know what I mean!). I listen to radio most of the time, usually Radio 4 but sometimes R3, occasionally R2 (and very occasionally Kane!).

I find it frustrating that it is necessary to find that day's newspaper radio listings or search for Radio 4/3/2 on my laptop to find the day's programmes so I know what is on or is coming up later.

The App store doesn't show anything BBC-related at all. What I would like to find would be an App which lists that day's programmes for the BBC Radio stations. At the moment it's easier to check recent transactions in my bank account than find out what's on the radio!

Ideas please?!

Thanks,

Lorimer

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:33 pm 

Your EPG on TV?

Does your Council Library Service provide e-magazines? Call in and ask. Mine does. I get loads of mags free. It saves many Welsh pounds. Radio Times lists BBC radio by day.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:46 pm 

Do you subscribe to Virgin Media? If you do, their TV Anywhere iOS app lists all the BBC Radio stations. You can even listen through the app.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:30 pm 

Jonah,

Good suggestion. I've downloaded their App, 'Virgin TV Guide' and it looks to be very well laid out indeed, but I can't find any reference to Radio...

Lorimer

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:55 pm 

Is this no good (saved as a favourite to use in, er, your favourite browser)?:

http://www.radiotimes.com/radio/radio-listings/

If you register, you can customise which stations you see, and which order you see them in.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:32 am 

The BBC i player radio app on ios has all the BBC radio schedules

Post Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:12 am 

Great suggestions, but Neil's wins. I've had the BBC iPlayer Radio tucked away in a folder on my phone for ever – but never used it. It appears to be perfect, being well laid out and NO ADS!

Thanks for your help everyone...

Lorimer

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS