[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Got an apple watch today
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:30 pm 

Having read the entirety of this (previous) page, I was also asked by Apple a while ago about what i'd change. I toyed with stronger glass for the entry level model (after ones intimacy with a concrete post) and a rest day in the Activity app. I opted for the latter.

One thing I have been very 'into' the last 3-4 years is my fitness, and this was one of the reasons I wanted an Watch. I am a bit particular, not OCD, but I like things to be just so, and one thing I do struggle with is the closing of all 3 activity rings daily. I don't set my Move goal too high as I do a job that is 90% desk work, but it's set to 550 which is achievable with a bit of an end of the day push (be it a run or a Streaks workout). There are few days where I don't hit, and often the 'Perfect' month has been sacrificed for the sake of 100 calories or so. So my one thing that I would change would be the option to have a rest day.

There is an app which uses/imitates all 3 of Apple's pre-defined targets that allows this to happen, and the reviews of the app, or general consensus, is that this is the app Apple 'should have made'. I wouldn't go that far, but they have a point with the rest day. At the end of a week, most likely a Sunday, I'd like to be able to wake up and not have to think about squeezing my 30 minutes exercise in-just a day off would be good-like a day pass or something, that can only be used once a week to give you a break. Like if you're ill, or you pull something etc-but so that it doesn't affect your end of the month novelty reward.

And that is my only gripe (aside from the prices of the straps!). I doubt it'll ever be heard, but figured it would be worth a shot!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:40 am 

Does anyone have the Dark Sky weather app? I keep seeing it mentioned as "essential" for the Watch but I'd rather hear from someone who uses it before trusting a review and splashing the cash. Not that it would break the bank.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:10 am 

I have it, currently not installed on iPhone so I'll put it back on the phone and Watch and see what it's like. Seem to remember the iPhone app was pretty good.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:17 am 

Screenshots of Watch app

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:38 am 

Did the light rain stop in six minutes and start again after forty? Well not exactly but is it worthwhile over the basic BBC iOS weather app?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:05 pm 

I like Dark sky and it works on my Apple watch. Can't remember what I paid for it

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:23 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:55 pm 

I remember work ;)

That's two votes so I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:38 pm 

Got it. It even got my location spot on after an excusable initial set up wobble. In as a complication. I do like the rain radar on the iPhone app. Thanks.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:15 am 

Reports say that the Series 2 is no longer in Store but the 1 and 3 are.

Here's one such report ->

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:52 am 

I think Apple said that it was only Series 1 and 3 which would be available now.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:19 pm 

As part of the iPhone swap process I did earlier, my watch was backed up, wiped and restored. Apparently fine until I spotted the rings were not closing. Nothing budged them. I searched to see if it was a thing and some people had stuck rings but not from updates. After a couple of hours, I restarted the iPhone and Watch. That sorted it. I would have tried straight away had I not just shocked the system with my shenanigans with potential risks. I only mention in case someone else gets the same.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:21 pm 

Since upgrading to watchOS 4 my series1 is no longer giving stand prompts, everything else appears OK so far. Yes, stand reminders is still switched on. I have switched off and back on both phone and watch.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:35 pm 

Yes, my 2 seemed to do that as well. I don’t usually sit that long so hadn’t got round to looking into it. One for tomorrow: be lazy and report back.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

No help for either of you, but mine still working as before (original watch).

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS