[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325 ... 393  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:24 am 

Little bit jealous of my 18 year old son at the moment. He started his light vehicle technician apprenticeship with Arnold Clark on Monday. We where at an open day on Sunday and it looks very good. Its been great talking to him this week about what he is/will be learning over the next 3 years. I have always been interested in car mechanic and at one time worked as an engine rebuilder.

Arnold Clark supply all the tools they need for the 3 year apprentaceshipe costing more than £2500 and they get to keep them 6 month after they qualify so a heads up for Arnold Clark. Wish I was 18 again lol even though my wages are probably better than a mechanic and my job is in a safe, clean, warm environment, I do still yearn for that smell of oil.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:53 pm 

Oh look, the online Apple Store is temporarily closed. Now I wonder what that means?

(I'll be watching at 18:00 ;) )

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:04 pm 

iOS, WatchOS and TVOS upgrades next Tuesday. No mention of mac OS but usually combined.

The Watch 3 on EE e-sim only? No use to me. My 2 will still be plenty good (as will the 1s).

Obv I'd like an iPhone X (ten) but I'll have to see if a grand is worth it for my meagre needs. Seems that all the later rumours and leaks were pretty close.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:36 pm 

for some reason apple don't recognise me on the iPhone upgrade programme :shock:

I was hoping that the iPhone X started at under £900. I cants see the UK price yet but no doubt it will match the dollar price.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 pm 

X is £999 for 64Gb and £1,149 for 256Gb.

And don't forget the £199 for AppleCare+ plus for when you inevitably drop and break it.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:08 pm 

I don't know about Applecare. I'd claim on either the contents insurance or the policy included with my bank account - both with an excess of course. So far, I've not had a mishap with any IT kit. My 6 is a 64GB model and has b. all on it so I'd not be gagging for 256GB.

I have been working on the theory I'd change this cycle and the 8+ or X are favourite because I like shiny things. Someone wants my 6 so there's a discount, whatever it is worth these days.

The upgrade programme looks good bit there's no Apple Store within 55 miles and you can only buy in store.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:20 pm 

55 miles isn't far.

I once travelled 1950 miles to collect a puppy.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:32 pm 

I've always been a sucker for Mario Karts since I started playing with the kids on a SNES and later incarnations. Today I got a Switch and said game and have been accordingly entertained for the afternoon. There was a decent discount on Tesco so I couldn't pass it up. As I said, sucker. I'll have to save even harder for a new shiny iPhone :D

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:30 am 

We had a busy and very tiring day on Wednesday. Had a big hedge cut back and, to keep costs down, had agreed to get rid of the cuttings. We had not appreciated just how much there would be, and it took us eight trips with our 5x3ft trailer to the "Recycling and reuse centre" (AKA tip) which, fortunately is only six miles away. It would have been only seven trips but on the fourth, we got out at the tip, took two steps towards the back of the car and in chorus said "Where's the trailer?" Luckily, when we got back home it was where we'd left it.

It's got to be an age thing... :roll:

Mods: Feel free to move this to the 'stupid' thread... :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:21 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:13 pm 

There isn't a Car thread and when I searched, most posts were in this'un. I'll carry on.

Something I'd not heard of - if you drive a VW then there is a free VW Connect app and dongle so you can get data about performance etc. I saw this in Autoexpress. Not for me. I have a Kia. Maybe one day.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:57 pm 

I don't make cakes or pies. I just tried to make a Victoria sponge. I don't know what happened as I followed the recipe and used an oven thermometer to check that was right. The mix seemed a bit thick, it didn't rise a lot and was what I'd say was a little overdone on the outside after minimum time. It tastes fine so it won't be wasted. I must have forgotten that this is why I don't bake cakes. However, I do make jolly good cookies, for which I get requests.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:20 pm 
Site Admin

Did a thing today I can't talk about on a publicly available website - Maybe more news in a few weeks...

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:37 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325 ... 393  Next

Board index » Couch