[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - iOS and battery life...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:25 am 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:34 am 

The phone neither has to be plugged in at all times, nor on at all times.
Shut it down when not in use. It sounds as though you have prolonged periods, during which the phone is not used.

Selling a phone with a cracked screen? Good luck with that.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:19 am 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:25 am 

Different folks for different strokes:
I never give out my mobile phone number; people need to call my landline.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:44 am 

Indeed different strokes for different folks. And will not sell it at the moment (and if I did I would replace the screen first), I will continue to use it, but I was just saying in a rather flippant way that I need to keep it plugged in all the time. The reason for saying that is because it has at various times flattened the battery if left alone, even though it was actually shut down. I wonder if there's a problem with this particular phone because other people don't seem to have this. I don't know. Maybe it has a one-off problem.

I have experimented with it over the last couple of weeks, switched it off on frequent occasions and then restarted it to check the battery state. I took snapshots of the screen just to show the battery state, which was behaving normally. Until the very last time when I left it for a few days and then it was completely flat again. The battery is back up to 100% now and it's switched off again. Confirmed by the home button. I'm prepared for anything with this phone, it doesn't matter so much, but I was hoping that somebody on the forum with experience of this would be able to point me in the direction of solving the problem. If I drop the toast or a carrot on the floor, I will just brush it off and eat it, unless it lands sticky side down and is a real mess! I don't throw large quantities of Domestos down the toilet. I don't have any allergies or health problems in that regard and I think that eating a peck of dirt is necessary when you are young to get your immune system up and running.

I give out my mobile number and my home number, but generally only my throwaway email address. I am registered with the telephone preference service and the mail preference service. I don't get much junk mail or many junk telephone calls. I don't have trouble with security (touch wood, so far), I'm not so worried about stuff as much as other people seem to be. Security and paranoia are the language of today. But I resist it.

Last edited by Leewave on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:53 am 

I also wonder if your phone has a defect.

You should go through your preferences and turn off anything that is not needed - and using power.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 am 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:28 am 

Someone - please - tell me where and what was sarcastic in my post.

PLEASE

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:37 am 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:30 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:42 pm 

For all in this last post of yours - as it pertains to my initial post - I couldn't agree with you less.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:59 pm 

"Bloody hell Ram, can you not just be civil and apologise when in the wrong "
No. I'm not in the wrong. And there is nothing for which to apologize.

My post was a statement of fact, which included possible solutions and explanations - backed up by posts by Tony and Chris.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:11 pm 

Dan. I had to carry out a full restore from a backup to get my SE back to where it was. A hard reset only kept it going from 0600 to 1800 before needing a recharge. Today, after the restore, it’s still on 30% with a reasonable amount of browsing, checking and sending emails, a few lengthy phone calls, texts and so on.

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS