[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Got an apple watch today
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:57 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:03 pm 

I've had some issues with the stand ring too. I've just touched 12 hours so closed it today, but although the watch has been prompting me and I have stood, there were two hours today where it didn't actually register the fact I had.

Saying that, I've had a few issues with the Activity app now. I did a re-install on my iPhone the other day, which also then forced me to reinstall WatchOS. Not too fussed as my rings had all closed by that time (about 8pm). Once the phone and watch were all up and running again, I noticed my activity rings weren't moving. So I restarted the Watch, they duly caught up with themselves, all closed. I noticed this morning after my run that my move streak had reset-for some reason, despite all 3 rings closing (twice), the Activity app didn't pick it up.

Further to this, I've noticed that 2 of my runs, although tracking, seem to be having an issue tracking. I have several instances where the route disappears and is replaced with grey dots, so it's like it's losing signal.

However, battery issues and these Activity app issues aside, both OS's seem pretty reliable-but the activity side was one of the drives to commit to the watch, so I'm hoping that theres a Watch OS update soon.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:25 pm 

I'm still not getting stand prompts.
Most days it's not an issue, just at the weekends.

PS I'm heading for 22 stands today.

iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:47 pm 

The only minor issue I get with the watch is when I go into Timer (I use it a lot and access via a complication). If I've not used Timer for a bit, the graphics show an enlarged view of maybe 1/4 of the proper screen for maybe a second but then it flicks into normal mode. It works, so I'm not going to send hate mail to anyone at Apple. I'm assuming it is something that will get fixed by design or coincidentally.

As far as standing goes, I try and be lazy but I usually move enough by default. Being old and with the loo upstairs ;) (not really).

Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:54 am 

I see WatchOS 4.2 has arrived. I found it waiting this morning so it is going on now.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:16 pm 

Received my Apple watch this week. Now the wife's complaining that I look at that more than I do her. But all joking apart it's a dam fine piece of craftsmanship. Just need to get used to being told to exercise more, worse than the wife do this do that, breath now.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:18 am 

Has anyone else completed the new year challenge already? :shock:

iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:53 am 

Yes, and I'm well proud.

I got the December one a few days early because even if I did nothing for the last few days, the average was still good enough. But I earned that one.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:48 am 

I've failed the December one, still got 60km to do. That's not happening in 2 days.
There must be a bug in the January challenge, shouldn't even start till Monday.

iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:03 am 

My Dec challenge was burning calories, more than an average 660 per day over the month. As for the Jan one, that is why I am proud :D I expect I'll get it taken away.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:24 am 

My December challenge is 307.6km, I've done 241 so far. I had average calorie challenge for November, I missed it due to using the Nike running app (along side the apple workout app) in the last week and it failed to register some of my outdoor walks. I also managed to miss one afternoon walk by letting the watch run out of battery while still in a "workout".

iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:28 am 

I usually ignore challenges but I had an unintended good start to the month, so carried on. I just ate more to compensate.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:48 pm 

I just took a closer look at that Jan 2018 challenge. There is no date awarded 'stamped' on the back so it isn't official, I'm guessing. Not that I shouldn't achieve it anyway but I can't be completely sure, what with free will, the quantum universe and osteo-arthritis.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:13 pm 

That wasn't January Challenge, it was ring in the new year. As you say there is no date on the back, the same one for new year 2017 does have a date (8 Jan).

My January Challenge is an average calorie one.

iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:39 am 

Mine is a distance one. I'll ignore it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS