[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Go Back To iOS 10?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post subject: Go Back To iOS 10?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:06 pm 

Is that possible? My wife's iPhone updated itself to iOS11 yesterday, despite having Auto Downloads turned off, and she's been giving me grief ever since because it's not like it was and her favourite Apps don't work or work differently.

Is it possible to revert using the last iTunes back up?

Post subject: Re: Go Back To iOS 10?
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 pm 

You could take a look at these but it may already be too late.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:42 pm 

Nope. If it was, I would be joining you. Apple is no longer signing iOS 10, so it can't be installed on an un-jailbroken iPhone - and that's a completely different bag of worms.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:43 pm 

Is it straightforward to jailbreak the iPhone? And if it is, is it safe or wise?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 am 

Interesting comments. I couldn't wait to upgrade my first ever iOS device (5th gen iPad) from 10 to 11, which I find truly a useful OS, though nowhere near MacOS of course. I'm wondering why people have problems with it?

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:48 am 

iOS 11 is a 64-bit OS and thus stopped supporting 32-bit apps. Many people still use 32-bit apps so have to consider whether to update. I'd say that was the main problem and as mentioned in the first post as a reason to revert

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 am 

iOS: I have an iPhone 6 - the performance of 11.2 (I waited to upgrade) was truly appalling, 11.2.5 is an improvement, but I'd still call it a downgrade. After using it for a while I couldn't name one iOS 11 feature that made it worth upgrading.

MacOS: Sierra broke everything where I work, due to to a ridiculous 'security feature'. All High Sierra introduced was more bugs, so what's the point of risking an upgrade? And what was the point of all the public betas?

Apple have taught me not to trust them anymore.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:58 pm 

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll have to put my earbuds back in and turn the music up. :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am 

Save myself a lot of typing:

http://www.techradar.com/news/ios-11-al ... -mobile-os

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:08 am 

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:37 am 

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:23 am