[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Dropbox "team"
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » General

Post subject: Dropbox "team"
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:29 am 

Post subject: Re: Dropbox "team"
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:12 pm 

Lee, I am not getting anything like this (thankfully) and I am a big DB user. What have you done this time? lol.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:13 pm 

Do you know any of those people?

https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/f ... s-overview

https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/team-folders

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:39 pm 

Are these emails? Can't say I've had them (yet) but I am having to gear up for when DB stop supporting Mavericks in April. Not just "not supporting" but actively deleting their app from my computer, or somehow rendering it non-functional. (For those who don't use DB : yes they can do this as they have 'automatic updates' for each new version of their software - and there are very very many, current version is 65.4.177 I kid you not - which can't be turned off.)

[/rant]

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:15 am 

Not an email - it was one of the notifications in the drop down list from the menu bar item. I noticed it because there is a red badge that pops up when a new notification comes in. I have clicked the go away please button and it no longer shows. It appeared very recently in the last few days, and it was telling me about people I had no clue about or knew anything about whatsoever. Seems they want me to join the business team or set up a new team so that they can get some more money from me but I don't want to do that! Anyway the notification is now no longer showing and it's no longer an issue for me. It's just more annoying stuff to foist on me.

As I have got rid of it now, I'm considering the case closed! Thanks to BD for that info, yeah I'm sure that's what it's about, but it's something I don't care about, and no, I have no connection with any of those people. Perhaps as I was (now past tense) sharing a folder with a friend of mine maybe he knows some of these people but I don't. Social media is like ebola. Once you've got it, pretty hard to get rid of it! No, I'm not on Facebook, thank goodness.

Any more comments I would be interested to hear about, but I guess it is just another of those things you must expect and put up with if you use other's software - you sign on to opening the pipeline to rubbish - you understand that they really just want to make money from you. If it's free, it comes with strings attached.

Are they going to stop supporting Mavericks users in April? Oh (expletive deleted) :evil:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:05 am 

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:48 am 

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:42 pm 

Aha! I didn't realise you could avoid notifications by selecting recent files instead! So I have done the same now. Recent files is all I'm interested in but I don't want little flags popping up everywhere all the time informing me about things that I don't want to know about!

Yes I'm sure we did have a conversation about losing DB in April before but I'd forgotten about it and wasn't thinking about it. How annoying.

Yes maybe I'll have to put Sierra on my 2010 Mac Mini downstairs. That's always running. And I can get information from the Sierra DB folder on my MacBook Pro which is on another partition, but that's only updated when I run Sierra on it which is infrequently. All a bit annoying really.

I'm going to hang onto Mavericks on my MacBook Pro and my main 2012 Mac Mini.
(I have two Mac Minis and one MacBook Pro)

Note to self: must look into Pcloud. (Is it any good - does it work well?)

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:18 pm 

Last edited by MacBiter on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:47 pm 

dropbox vs. pcloud...

https://www.cloudwards.net/pcloud-vs-dropbox/

https://beebom.com/pcloud-vs-google-drive-vs-dropbox/

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:02 pm 

Board index » General